Differential Expression Table
The differential expression table gives details of the Anova analysis for all the probes. The probes are sorted according to their p-value by default, but they can be sorted on any column by clicking the heading of that column.
- The "row" column gives the order of the probes prior to any re-ordering. The starting ordering is in order of p-value.
- The "probe" column is the probe name. It is highlighted in bold if it is significantly different between groups, after adjusting for multiple comparisons.
- The "fold" column behaves differently if there are two groups (e.g. case/control) or multiple groups.
- Two groups: fold is the ratio of the second to the first group. It is expressed as a numerical ratio, e.g. 2-fold is 2.0.
- If there are more than two groups, it is the ratio of the highest to the lowest group
- The "adjusted p-value" column is the adjusted p-value of the result, corrected for multiple
- The "unadj p-value" column is the a single-probe p-value, without correction for multiple
- The "low" column gives the mean of the lowest group value of the probe
- The "high"column is the mean of the highest group value of the probe
The popup menu allows the table to be exported. It also allows a choice of multiple comparison adjustment, either Bonferroni, or Benjamini-Hochberg. Further details on the methods are presented in the variable
Help Front Page