Variables are defined through the sample
- With the mouse, select a group of samples and right-click them.
- In the popup, select "Assign to Group" which results in a new popup with "Variable Name" and "Group Name" fields.
- In the new popup, choose, or create, a variable name. The default variable "Case/Control" has groups "Case" and "Control" predefined. No samples are assigned to either group by default.
- Choose, or create a group name.
- Click "Ok". The selected samples are assigned to the group of the variable.
- Repeat for each desired group of the variable.
- It is not necessary to include every sample -- unassigned ones are simply ignored for variable processing purposes
- Note that the sample selection can be done using samples selected by any option - on the plate, from a graph, etc. For example, the horizontal row in the plate view was used to select the samples in the picture below.
Help Front Page